The Karuk Education Department is dedicated to serving K-12 Native students in their pursuit of educational success by providing educational assistance, cultural connections and curriculum within the schools and classrooms in our aboriginal territory.We are also dedicated to providing services and assistance to all of our Karuk College students.
Our services includes, but is not limited to the following:
Improving academic and social skills
- Family and instructional workshops
- K-12 Tutoring Services
- Karuk Youth Leadership Councils
- Sports Clincs
- ACT, SAT and California testing
- GED, online courses and other programs
- College visits
- Financial Aid assistance and information
- Events designed for college readiness
- AP courses and academic support
- Individual Academic Plans
- 6-12th grade College and Career Readiness Lessons
- Promoting Karuk and Native culture in schools
- Curriculum support and development
- Collaboration with community and Tribal programs; partnerships and outreach
- Classes and workshops
Liaison to students and families in the schools
- Assistance for incidents and concerns
- Attendance, GPA and college readiness
- Advocacy with 504, IEP, IDEA, etc.
If you would like to receive any of these services for your child, please fill out the Consent Form below and return it to the Karuk Education Department.